On Tuesdays, my daughter has ballet at 6. That’s usually the time I’m in the kitchen prepping for dinner. We don’t get home until 7:30, so I like for supper to be ready when we get home. Putting a meal in the crockpot around lunch is my answer for Tuesday dinners! Below is a new recipe I found for crockpot meatloaf! I’ve never been a big meatloaf fan, but this is good!
A slow cooker recipe for yummy, flavorful meatloaf made delicious with the addition of sun-dried tomatoesr!
- 1 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- (I used shredded)
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- (I used 1 tsp pepper)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Line bottom and side of crockpot with heavy tin foil.
- In a large bowl, stir bread crumbs with milk and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skilled on medium heat, fry onions, garlic and oregano for about 6 minutes.
- Add to breadcrumbs. Then add eggs, sun-dreid tomatoes, parsely, parmesan, salt and pepper. Combine with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in ground meat, using hands if needed. Place in centre of foil-lined crockpot and form into a loaf shape.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until meat thermometer registers 170 F.
- Sprinkle loaf with topping of cheese, parsley and sun-dried tomatoes Cover and cook on high until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Gently lift the foil to pull the loaf out of the crockpot. Let stand on a cutting board for about 5 minutes to let the fat drain off into foil.
- Transfer loaf directly onto a dish and slice.
Recipe from Food & Whine
Oh, so yummy, the sun-dried tomatoes added so much flavour! I even had leftovers for lunch the next day that were just as good!