I’ve been making “stuffed jalapeños” for many years. Big hit at parties! (They’re the ones with cream cheese wrapped with bacon.) Very time consuming to prepare, and let’s be honest with ourselves, the cream cheese isn’t healthy. I love eating them so much I’ve been trying to replace the cream cheese with a healthier alternative, but nothing could really withstand the heat of the oven. So I had to change up the recipe.
A few weeks ago I came up with what I call “Jalapeño Boats”. They were YUM!
Here’s how you make them!
- big bag of jalapeños
- bacon (I like to buy center cut, maybe peppercorn seasoned if you like)
- goat cheese
- Clean jalapeños. Slice longways and de-seed. Let dry on paper towel.
- Bake on cookie sheet for 20 minutes oven set on 350. Place on serving platter to cool.
- Cook bacon in skillet. Let cool on paper towels.
- Stuff Jalapeños with chilled goat cheese and top with 1/4 of cooked bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!